Director of Casa Juan Diego Youth Center
2020 S. Blue Island
The Director is a full-time job which is responsible for overall management and operation of Casa Juan Diego and protection of the organization’s financial assets while ensuring compliance with board directives and applicable grantor, federal and state requirements. The Director reports to the pastor or his delegated supervisor of St. Pius V Parish.
- Oversees all accounting functions with the parish business manager, including those necessary for auditing, budgeting, financial analysis, and property management and payroll in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, Board and St. Pius V Parish policies and procedures, and all other applicable rules and guidelines.
- Handles all aspects of human resource management for up to 10 employees, including but not limited to hiring and termination, developing position descriptions, setting compensation, working with employees’ supervisors and applying parish-approved employee policies and benefits in accordance with federal and state requirements; regularly supervises CJD administrative staff.
- Interacts with other personnel and organizations, such as the schools, community organizations, city organizations, and other nonprofits and research sponsors in regard to matters affecting Casa Juan Diego.
- Oversees all grants and contracts management together with development director, including negotiating research agreement terms that reflect the needs of CJD; monitors progress of agreements and maintains agreement documentation to ensure fulfillment of agreement terms including receipt and expenditure of funds.
- Assists in the development of current and long-term organizational goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures for CJD operations.
- Establishes plans to achieve goals set by the Board of Directors and implements policies, subject to approval by the Board of Directors.
- Works closely with staff members to ensure they are provided with appropriate support systems and responsive, quality service in the areas of working with children, grant preparation, project management, human resources, purchasing and related administrative functions.
- Develops and oversees all program elements to ensure for educational quality. Oversees the measurement and aggregations of data to ensure impact of programmatic elements.
- Interacts positively with parents and other members of the community. Engages these groups in the leadership and management of the program.
Requirements: Bilingual (Spanish) and bicultural/multicultural, Hispanic/English; computer literate. Teaching and some management experience. Fund raising experience; college degree.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Fr. Jose Santiago, OP
1919 S. Ashland Street, Chicago, IL 60608